Join the Frosty Drew Astronomers for a night under spooky Halloween skies. We will have views of the near Full Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, and more in our telescopes. In the Sky Theatre, NASA Solar System Ambassador - Frank Puglia will be presenting about Mars. Loads of candy will be available as well throughout the night. As the witching hour approaches we normally direct our telescopes towards planetary nebulae - the remnants of dying stars - though the bright Moon will keep us away from the ghostly remnants as we celebrate the departure from the lighter half of the year and plunge into the darker half.
Costumes are not required, but this could be an excellent chance to show off that fabulous Halloween costume! So costumes are highly recommended.
We will open the Observatory and Sky Theatre at 6:30 p.m. The Observatory will be in full out Halloween mode with frightful sights, spooky sounds, an astronomy lantern walk, and candy available for all who visit.
Due to restrictions on the number of people that can be in groups, we have integrated a temporary ticketing system. Tickets can be acquired online only! A link to acquire tickets will be posted on this event page on the day before the event, if weather is acceptable for viewing. We frequently post links on the day of the event so we have the most accurate forecast. Please DO NOT attempt to circumvent the ticketing process by using the standard donation form on our website. THAT WILL NOT GET YOU A TICKET OR ACCESS TO THIS EVENT! A ticket is required for admission at tonight’s event!
Important information about tickets:
- A maximum of 60 tickets will be available for each night depending on telescope availability.
- A ticket is required for each person in your party / group that is over 4 years of age.
- Tickets will not be available on site. This means you need to arrive with your ticket.
- Tickets will be checked at the Observatory main gate, either electronically or physically.
- The name on the ticket must match the name of the ticket holder.
- If you do not have a ticket, you will not be granted admission. Don't just show up!
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- This event is weather dependent and cancellations will be posted on the day of the event.
- Though tickets have different times listed, all ticket holders can stay on the campus for the entire duration of the event. The times are to mitigate the formation of a long admission line.
- We cannot guarantee the weather, nor can we guarantee that you will see what you may expect.
Tickets to this event can be acquired here when we post the acquisition link.
We ask for a donation of $5 per person over the age of 4 years.
When visiting, please be aware of signage and social distancing markers as well as flow indicators. If you are experiencing any symptoms of any contagion, stay home and postpone your visit, even if that means forfeiture of your ticket. Visitors who are visibly displaying symptoms of a contagion will not be granted admission. This is just how it is for now, so take your allergy pill before departing for Frosty Drew Observatory!
So dig out that old costume, put on your mask and come out to the creepy woodlands of Ninigret Park to celebrate the Eve of All Hallows... If you dare...